Thursday, February 2, 2012

You're so cute when you're angry

Walter has a cough.  It makes me worried and sad, but it's also kind of adorable.  I feel guilty just typing that, but it's true.  He adds a small commentary sound at the end of each coughing fit. Like this:

Cough cough cough cough Aggh! (indignant)
Cough cough cough cough sigh (resigned)
Cough cough cough cough MNEAH! (really indignant)

You get the idea.  It's ridiculously cute. And impressive, I think.  He's got no teeth and no words but a huge personality that he seems to figure out new ways to communicate each day. I'm proud of my little meeper.  Communicating with squeaks and other sound effects is a fine family tradition. 

Everything Walter does is cute.  The juxtaposition of big, real, expressive feelings and a tiny baby face is inherently cute. But the coughing ... not cute enough.  I'd like for that to stop soon.  This morning when I left for work he was wailing.  Sick and miserable.  I would trade those adorable coughing commentaries for a healthy baby any day.

Get better, little Walter.  *meep!*

No comments: