Sunday, November 10, 2013

Watching Walter, watching me


Sean caught a moment on camera tonight that calls for longer captioning. The photo is of Walter and my dearest Audrey.  They're dancing and singing along to Great Big Sea, "Donkey Riding." In the following frames Walter is looking at Auds and fully engaged with her.  Here, though, he's looking at me.

A couple of times this weekend I watched Walter watching me, and I could see from the look on his face that he was watching me be happy. I've been depressed lately ... it's a long story involving my gallbladder, of all things, and I'll write it out some other time.

I didn't realize how sad I'd been, and how good and remarkable it is to be happy. Not until I saw him see me. It made my heart ache for my sensitive little boy, and it made me glad for shared moments of joy and for friends like Auds and Curt who make those moments possible.

Tomorrow is Sally's first day at day care and I'm dreading it. But having this wonderful weekend helps. Tomorrow is a new adventure in a series of recent adventures, some of which have not been particularly fun (again, gallbladder.) Tonight, though, I'm going to bed feeling glad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two of my girlfriends had to have their gallbladders bladders removed after their second C-sections. I am so sorry if this is what you are experiencing.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry if you are suffering with your gallbladder. I had two girlfriends require gallbladder surgery within two months of their last C-sections. Feel better and I hope Sally is thriving at daycare.