Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Another good sign

Walter slept for 7 hours straight last night, woke up, nursed, and went back to sleep for a couple hours more.  After he nursed, he made little groggy grouchy noises until I put him in his crib.  He passionately kissed his lullaby seahorse and cooed gently to it until he fell asleep with a sigh, lying on his belly.  Sleeping on his belly is a new luxury for Walter; he's allowed now that he can roll all the way over.  When I woke up again I watched him sleep for awhile.  He was turning his head from side to side, snuggling into the mattress and with his Minky, sighing contentedly in that light stage of sleep my dad calls "nerfy sleep." I got his clothes all ready and waited until the last possible moment to wake him up, leaning over his crib and singing his morning song.  He smiled, sighed, shimmied, raised his little butt up into the air, turned his head to me and opened his eyes.  Then he straightened his arms and lifted himself up into tummy time position, alert and awake and ready for the day.

And then I gave him amoxicillin.  But even with that, it was a good night and a good morning.

No comments: